Te Reo Māori
Reo WānangaDates for our 2017 Reo Wānanga have been announced! This year, Reo Wānanga will be held on the following dates: 31 March - 2 April 7 - 9 July 8 - 10 September 10 - 12 November To register for any/all of the wānanga in one go, click here. For any questions or enquiries, please contact Clay, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kura PōBeginner and Intermediate Te Reo classes kick off again on Wednesday 8th March at Orākei Marae. Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei members, partners and staff can attend for free. Any other students are welcome, however a $55 fee applies. There are several benefits and opportunities to learning and understanding te reo e.g.:
- You’ll better comprehend what is being said on the marae at pōwhiri, hui or tangi.
- Being able to speak te reo increases your employment opportunities.
- You’ll be able to communicate with your tamariki, mokopuna or clients in te reo.
- You’ll contribute to keeping te reo as a living everyday language in Aotearoa.
- Research indicates that bilingual people have greater cognitive skills, and sharper brains.
- Very beginners
2,328 total views, 4 views today