Te Reo Māori
Dates for our 2017 Reo Wānanga have been announced!
This year, Reo Wānanga will be held on the following dates:
31 March – 2 April
7 – 9 July
8 – 10 September
10 – 12 November
To register for any/all of the wānanga in one go, click here.
For any questions or enquiries, please contact Clay, email@example.com.
Beginner and Intermediate Te Reo classes kick off again on Wednesday 8th March at Orākei Marae.
Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei members, partners and staff can attend for free. Any other students are welcome, however a $55 fee applies.
There are several benefits and opportunities to learning and understanding te reo e.g.:
- You’ll better comprehend what is being said on the marae at pōwhiri, hui or tangi.
- Being able to speak te reo increases your employment opportunities.
- You’ll be able to communicate with your tamariki, mokopuna or clients in te reo.
- You’ll contribute to keeping te reo as a living everyday language in Aotearoa.
- Research indicates that bilingual people have greater cognitive skills, and sharper brains.
So come and join up. Kura Pō classes are conducted in a supportive and friendly environment to help you learn at your pace.
Two learner levels are available:
- Very beginners
Save the date (Wednesday 8th March), sign up and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This is a 9 week programme and runs from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm every Wednesday.
1,066 total views, 2 views today